Harbour Conservation Cruise - Morning - Private Charter
- Duration: 150 Minutes
- Location: Viaduct Harbour, Auckland
What better way to inspire your classroom, staff or clients to take care of our marine environment then by getting them out on the water! Join our passionate marine-scientists for expert education and interactive research studies as we head out on the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Interactive boat cruise with qualified crew and marine biologists
- Plankton scoop sampling
- Secchi disk water clarity testing
- Micro plastic water sampling
- On board microscopes for close up viewing of test samples
- Bird spotting
- Ecosystem and food chain talks to promote understanding
- On board competitions with small prizes for participation and ideas (schools only)
Trip times: 9am – 11:30am or 10am - 12:30
- School groups studying conservation/sustainability/pollution in NZ waters.
- Larger travel/education groups
- Corporates wanting to do something different/positive
- Conference groups combining business with something positive + pleasure
- Fundraising initiative for schools, charities or community groups (conditions apply)
- 20 meter (65ft) catamaran with multiple seating areas
- Viaduct Harbour (standard) or alternative pick-up/drop-off location (by arrangement)
- Licensed bar with snacks and beer/wine
- BYO or catered food options available
- Equipped for presentations, meetings and events with AV facilities
- Wait-staff and security officers available by request
- School learning outcomes provided via www.youngoceanexplorers/classroom
- Risk identification, assessment and management (RAMS) and External Provider Forms (EOTC) available
- Private charters are typically unavailable between 12:30 – 7. This may be negotiable depending on timings and existing bookings. A surcharge applies for any charters affecting our standard safari.
- Shorter (Inner Harbour) cruise options are not designed for the purpose of whale or dolphin watching.
Mon 17th December 2018 - Monday 28th January 2019 inclusive. Weekends and public holidays through February